Friday, December 7, 2012

WBM: Day 5

December 5:  The first "hump day" of the challenge and I headed to Pint Defiance in Tacoma.  A new bottle shop with rotating taps, I knew that I could swing in there and grab a few.  Awed by the selection to choose from, I went with some unfamiliar ones to test out.

Two Beers: The Hearth Winter Warmer
In my opinion, Two Beers Brewing Company up in Seattle, WA has the handle on seasonal beers.  Their Pumpkin Spice Ale is to die for.  As expected, this winter warmer did not disappoint.  Like an oatmeal cookie in a glass, it poured dark and rich.  The allspice and orange peel convinced me to look for this beer on tap.
Alesmith Brewing: Yule Smith Holiday Ale
Based in San Diego, this brewery is one of the leading reasons why my next beerventure will include Southern California.  Alesmith produces artisan beers with a traditional twist.  This Holiday Ale is categorized as an Imperial Red Ale.  For me, it was the perfect marriage of an IPA and Winter Ale.   Hopheads weary of seasonal ales could flock to this one time and time again.

www.twobeersbrewery.com
alesmith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment