Tuesday, December 18, 2012

WBM: Day 18

December 18:  On the eve of my last day of work for 2012, a trip to The Red Hot was in order.  For all of you that don't know, The Red Hot is a legendary hot dog and craft beer joint in Tacoma, WA.  Rotating tap handles and exquisite dogs (try the Hosmer Hound: a dog with peanut butter and bacon), one is never bored with the options.  Being over half way done with the month, my list of untapped winter beers was becoming limited.  Luckily, I found a local brew to satisfy the challenge.
Foggy Noggin's Christmas Duck Porter
Jet black with minimal head, this slightly sweet pint was a welcome refreshment to my peanut butter coated tongue.  I caught a bit of smokiness on the back that was a perfect pairing.  Available all year long, this 6.6% ABV porter can be enjoyed throughout the seasons.  

www.foggynogginbrewing.com
redhottacoma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment