Friday, December 7, 2012

WBM: Day 4

December 4:  As I started out my fourth day of this challenge, I realized that I had already enjoyed quite a few winter beers.  If I kept this pace up, how would I make it through the entire month?  While the thought of limiting beer consumption is beyond absurd, it became evident that I just might.  That realization made my choice at The Swiss Tuesday evening a difficult one.
Maritime Pacific: Jolly Roger Christmas Ale
Located up in Seattle, Maritime Pacific Brewing Company boasts a well brewed line up of beer.  Their Jolly Roger Taproom, named after this beer of course, not only has a plethora of available beer offerings, but the best deep fried bacon I have ever had.  And if there is one thing I know, it is bacon.  Oh, well that and beer.  
This Northwest Winter Warmer melds caramel malts, citrusy hops, and holiday spices together in one hefty 8% ABV pint.  The hops I want, the dark malts I expect, the holiday sweetness I crave, and the heavy alcohol I need makes up the perfect recipe for what I am looking for this time of year.  So far in my challenge, this beer is leading the pack.

maritimebrewery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment