Sunday, December 30, 2012

WBM Day 29: First Day Skiing

December 29:  Last season, I visited three different mountains and tried snowboarding three different times.  Without going into too many details, let's just say my last bout of boarding involved many choice words, too many sips of Crown, and tears.  Yes, tears.  This year, I vowed to try skiing, as everyone and their grandma kept telling me how much easier it was.  First order of business: a winter pint to loosen up.
New Belgium Brewing: Snow Day
Sitting in a crowded ski lodge bar, watching the snow fall down on Crystal Mountain, and enjoying every last sip of this Fort Collins brewery's winter ale was just perfect.  Cascade and Centennial hops along with Midnight Wheat malt created a well rounded, amply hoppy, dark rich ale.  I just wish my day of skiing that followed would have been as satisfying as this brew.

www.newbelgium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment