Sunday, December 30, 2012

WBM: Day 28

December 28:  Fighting a sore throat all day and picking up my first pair of full time eye glasses (with the ancient words of my mom replaying in my head, "Guys don't make passes at girls that wear glasses") a trip over to the Harbor for a winter brew was in order.  Entertaining stories of pharmacists and bowling teams going knuckle deep led to the obvious need to be "goosed" by a brewery from the Midwest.
Goose Island Brewing: Mild Winter
The name of this beer struck me as comical.  After spending a few winter days in Chicago years ago, 'mild' would have been the last word I would have chosen to describe that region's seasonal weather.  The medium brown color and hint of rye spiciness went well with the caramel palette.  With only 28 IBUs, this winter ale turned out to be a crowd pleasing thirst quencher.

www.gooseisland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment