Tuesday, December 25, 2012

WBM: Day 22

December 22:  Between having a broken car, working at a distillery, and attending a Christmas party (the smell of cinnamon still haunts me, thanks Fireball), I had to make sure to get in my daily winter beer.  So, I leaned on an old favorite to carry me through.
Redhook Brewery: Winterhook
Back in the good ole days, circa 1999, I would often find myself hanging out at the Trolleyman's Pub in Fremont.  Sitting around the fire, drinking some classic Redhook brew, and dominating at a killer game of Scrabble is how most of my Sunday afternoons were spent.  It was there that I was first introduced to Winterhook.  Brewed since 1985, this winter warmer's recipe is changed just a smidgen each year.  This season, it came across more hoppy than usual...which, let's be honest, was just fine with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment