Tuesday, December 25, 2012

WBM: Day 24

December 24:  Nothing like dragging my non-beer drinking mom to a bottle shop on Christmas Eve.  Hop n' Grape in Longview, WA exceeded my expectations for brew selections, let alone their pulled pork was to die for!  While I found several to try, we enjoyed these two while opening Christmas gifts that evening.

Terminal Gravity Brewing: Festivale
This strong winter ale brewed in Enterprise, Oregon was just that...strong!  It poured with a strong thick foam that almost reminded me of a latte.  The creamy bourbony taste that followed was just delicious.  Not your typical malty hop bomb, Festivale provided a unique old ale option for this year's seasonal selections.

Full Sail Brewing: Session Fest Lager
This deep red, full bodied, Czech-style lager was Dad's favorite.  He found it to be light and refreshing, with just a hint of caramel sweetness.  I picked up a bit of piney bitterness, which I was pleased to taste in a lager.  This employee owned and operated brewery out of Hood River, Oregon, undoubtedly hit the nail on the head with this tasty 6.2% winter brew.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment