Wednesday, July 31, 2013

SBM Days 18-23

Engine House 9's Belgian White
https://www.facebook.com/EngineHouseNo9
There really is nothing like being a tourist in your own town.  While I used to frequent this iconic establishment during my college years, I haven't ventured there much lately.  Primed and ready for one heaping helping of an adventure bite, I made sure to try a taster of all the house beers E9 had to offer.  By far, my favorite was their Belgian White.  Crisp and refreshing, I could see taking advantage of their sunny patio and throwing a couple of these back before the end of summer.


Bellevue Brewing Company
bellevuebrewing.com
Way back in February, I visited BBC to check them out.  What I found were some tasty brews with an extensive food menu.  The BBQ Chicken Pizza I had was quite delish.  This time around, my visit was strictly about the beer.  Once again, an uncommon favorite arose from the bunch.  Their Belgian Witbier was the preferred taster for me...even over their IPA and Oatmeal Stouts, two of my noted favorites from February.

Elk Head Tap Room Ocean Shores, WA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elk-Head-Tap-Room/173869659321115
Even though Elk Head's actual brewery in in Buckley, WA (within 30 short minutes of my daily happenings) I have yet to visit that location.  However, I always seem to find myself in Ocean Shores a few times each summer.  My first stop is ALWAYS Elk Head's tap room for their IPA and onion rings.  No, those aren't donuts.  Those are the most amazing freshly beer battered onion rings that you will ever have.  Paired with their American IPA, an ocean breeze, and great local conversation, this summer time treat can't be beat.


Triplehorn Brewing Company
www.triplehornbrewingco.com
It is customary that if you have much to write about in the beer world, you must do said writing at a brewery.  Ok, maybe it isn't customary, but it definitely should be necessary.  A Sunday afternoon full of summer sun with nothing to do but write and enjoy, I ventured up to Triplehorn to see how far they had come.  Last October, I swung through for a quick taste on my way to a Halloween party.  This time, I settled in for a full sampler and then chose a pint of their IPA...or was it two pints.  The more beerspiration the better, right?

Girls' Night In
I know, I know.  This picture has NOTHING to do with beer.  Hold on just a minute and let me explain.  When a dear friend of yours shows up at your door with Pizza Rolls, Oreos, and a couple bottles of sparkling wine, you concede to whatever the night turns into.  After finding a lonely bottle of Rhubarb Liqueur from It's Five Artisan Distillery (its5distillery.com) in my refrigerator, it was on.  Good movies, tasty snacks, and great conversation all mixed with this wine concoction made for a fun evening.  I didn't even miss my daily beer.  It's amazing what junk food can do!

Day at the Museum
www.museumofglass.org
Turns out, a night full of bubbly lends itself nicely to some lunch time cocktails the following day.  Luckily, on our way to the Museum of Glass, a cute little place called The Social (www.thesocialbarandgrill.com) was spotted.  Right along the pristine Thea Foss Waterway, their libations, along with some of fried munchies, were just what we needed prior to a tour of Dale Chihuly's pride and joy.  With an extensive menu, The Social might just become my go to happy hour locale within stumbling distance of my digs.  How was the MOG?  Awesome as always.  A must see when in the Puget Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment