Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday America: SBM Day 4

 
Day 4: DUO Brewing's Earth & Wind Wheat
Where do I start with my love affair with this beer?  This Wheat and I first laid eyes on each other back in March, a brief meeting at DUO headquarters.  Like a cheesy personal ad, I haven't been able to get my mind off of it.  For months, literally months, I have been begging its brewer to reintroduce us.  You see, I like very few Wheats.  Growing up in the land of Widmer and Pyramid, I always thought that Wheat beers needed a slice of citrus to give them flavor.  Not the case with Earth & Wind: a mildly cloudy wheat with just a touch of hop spice to give depth across the sip.  This quickly became a refreshing crowd favorite at a muggy holiday afternoon BBQ.   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment