Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July: Summer Beer Month

Each year, July signifies the start of many things.  First, it is the one full month that I have off of work.  I know.  Don't be jealous.  When I'm complaining about my classroom full of preteens this Fall, please remind me of this.  Second, it is the start of Heatherkah.  Yes.  Heatherkah.  My month long birthday celebration.  Apparently being raised an only child did have some side effects.  But honestly, how could such celebration be contained to only one day?  This year I am adding one more event to the mix.  Welcome to my Summer Beer Month Challenge.  Many of you might remember my Winter Beer Month Challenge in December, when I tried a different winter beer each of those 31 days.  Well, now that my liver has recovered, it is time to do it again for July.

Day 1: Samuel Adams Summer Ale
I welcomed in July with my first visit to World of Beer.  Boasting 50 taps along with over 500 bottles, I knew that I would be able to find a suitable summer quencher.  Even though there wasn't a Seasonal Flight to choose from, our savvy beertender was able to wrangle up a few tastes.  My favorite of these was Samuel Adams Summer Ale.  This American Style Wheat Ale had just the right amount of citrus and spice to compliment the wheat backbone.  I enjoyed a taster as well as a full pint while sitting outside on a 90+ degree Pacific Northwest afternoon scorcher.  Drink cold.  Drink often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment