Saturday, July 6, 2013

SBM: Day 5


Day 5:  Widmer Brothers' Citra Blonde Summer Brew
My recent jaunt over to Yakima taught me a lot about the beloved Citra hop.  First, it is hard to get.  Second, it smells amazing.  Third, I have become a bit obsessed with finding beers that contain it.  That being said, when my eyes spotted a six pack of Widmer Brothers' Citra Blonde, I was sold.  That sought after Citra aroma floated out of the bottle as I poured it into a pint.  My first sip didn't match the hoppiness I expected.  As the beer warmed up, the pale malt and citrus hop melded better together and made for a more enjoyable beer.  Although your instinct will be to drink this one ice cold, do you taste buds a favor, and let it warm up just a bit to unleash all of the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment