Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Brewday and SBM Day 9

Day 9:  American Brewing's American Blonde
There are a few days a year when everything just seems to come together.  I would like to remember July 9, 2013 as one of those days.  After a longer than necessary commute up to Edmonds to hang with the American Brewing crew, I was met with excitement when I learned that I was for sure going to be competing in the Great American Beer Festival Pro Am.  See, not only do less than 100 home brewers in the nation get to do this, it took quite a few stars aligning.  Brewery registration opened that morning, and rumor has it that all 500 spots available were spoken for in less than two hours.  Here I thought the most challenging part was winning a medal to qualify!  So after a long, hot, exciting day of brewing with a fork lift (don't ask), this Blonde was what I needed.  Paired with one of Big Mike's famous beer soaked hot dogs from the grill, it quite possibly was the perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment