Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday Eve Celebration: SBM Day 8

Day 8:  Big Time Brewery's Sunbreak Blonde Ale
Any chance I get to spend some time with my 35s, I know that it is going to be good.  Throw in a "grumpy hour" in the U District with the promise of a hookah lounge in our future, and there you have it: the ultimate Birthday Eve celebration.  My first pint at Big Time was their Sunbreak Blonde Ale.  After a toasty drive up north in traffic, it was just what I needed.  At only 4.1% ABV, I didn't feel guilty when I had a few more.  A girl's gotta hydrate, right?
Another taste: Old Sol Wheatwine.  When news of my impending oldness caught our beertender's attention, he promptly poured four shots of Old Sol (no pun intended, I'm sure).  While one of my 35s shot it back immediately, I sipped mine.  At nearly 10%, I savored every last drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment