Thursday, July 4, 2013

SBM: Day 3

 
Day 3:  Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy
After trying Two Beer's Simple Shandy at the Washington Brewers' Festival last month, I knew that this Leinenkugel's would need to be on my list to try.  A Shandy, by definition, is a mix of beer and either soda or juice.  When making your own Shandy, proportions can be altered to suit your taste.  With a premade Shandy, you take a risk with a predetermined mix.  This Lemon Berry Shandy had the proportions perfect for me: a Weiss beer with just the right amount of lemony tartness and blackberry sweetness.  I personally liked having the beer flavor come back through instead of just the sweet berry.  I would be interested in tasting Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, which simply has the Weiss and lemonade mix.  Interested in making your own Shandy?  Keep an eye out on the E.C. Kraus blog for my upcoming feature (blog.eckraus.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment