Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Beer Month: Day 2

Day 2:  Northwest Brewing Company's Beach Blonde.
The second day of my Summer Beer Month challenge found me on the sunny patio at Northwest Brewing Company in Pacific, WA.  With their location a stone's throw away from my inaugural Bingo night at the Puyallup Eagles, a few beers in the warm afternoon sunshine were a must.  On tap were a couple of my hoppy favorites.  But, as promised, I reached for a summer seasonal.  NWBC's Beach Blonde, unlike other blondes, was flavorful all the way through.  The light pilsner malt coupled with a budding favorite of mine, Belgian Abbey yeast, produced a flavor I have become quite fond of.  The resulted fruity notes made this 6% ABV pint feel like a true summer ale.

Special note:  I tried a few tasters of NWBC's Mango Weizen and Ginger Pale Ale.  While drinkable alone, I found that blending these two together with a quick swirl made a spicy sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment