Monday, November 18, 2013

Cleanse Weekend: Days 3-5

Believe it or not, the cleanse weekend was a piece of cake.  My body has gotten used to eating every two to three hours and almost, dare I say, is starting to crave the healthy stuff.  What seemed to challenge me this weekend was trying to get in all of the food I needed to eat, when I didn't really get moving until the late morning.  On Saturday, I found myself eating dinner at 10pm, just to be able to get all the food in before going to bed.  Crazy?  Totally.
Using the required food elements, I started to figure out what I could make that would combine what I needed to consume.  For my fat and fruit snack, I put peanut butter on my blueberries.  Sounds gross.  Looks worse.  But the taste was delicious.  Think a PB&J sandwich without the sandwich part.  My Advocare connection mentioned an egg white pancake with peanut butter, which is nothing pancake and everything egg white.  Flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg, it actually almost resembled a crepe.  Of course, the regular grilled chicken breast, seared veggies, and brown rice made up my lunch.  But this time, I spiced everything.  Garlic herb, lemon pepper, and chili powder were all over my palate.  If only I could wash it all down with a nice hoppy IPA...


No comments:

Post a Comment