Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cleanse: Day 2

Today will be remembered as the day I truly missed cheese.  Starting the day off with a quick 5k treadmill run, a guzzled fiber drink, and another chocolate MRS, I scurried out the door with my commuter mug full of green tea.  Weird thing was, I didn't seem to miss my morning pot of Joe.  It seemed like my day whizzed by as I was constantly eating my prescribed portions every few hours.  My chicken, green bean, and brown rice lunch would have been nicely enhanced with a few shreds of parmesan.  My afternoon strawberries and peanut butter would have been so much better with a stick of string cheese.  Even a short trip to the grocery store had me avoiding the cheese aisle, yet I had no problem gazing at the beer.  Was I really addicted to cheese more than coffee or beer?
While I stuck to my guns and stayed away from cheese, even when choking down my third portion of chicken for the day, I couldn't help but think how eight more days were going to be survived without my beloved dairy.  Luckily, I picked up some salt free spices to try out on tomorrow's journey.  Will it really only be Day 3?

1 comment:

  1. HH, Found a couple of your articles on homebrewing.com. A list of links to all your articles would be nice for your internet fans, we may have missed some. Keep up the great writing & hopefully resume blogging.
    - tallfellapgh

    ReplyDelete