Friday, January 3, 2014

2014: Hockey, House of Cards, and Home Brewing

A new year.  A new beginning.  Here is what I'm looking forward to in 2014.

Hockey
One thing I love about my social circle is the ability to find someone to go along with just about any haphazard hair brained plan.  While I won't take full credit for this one, a Western Hockey League tour of all the arenas is underway.  What does that mean?  That means that two girls in a Mazda are making their way across the Western states and provinces to root on future NHL stars.  Look for blog posts about the games, the teams, and, of course, the beer.

House of Cards
How have I not heard of this series until now?  For the last two days, I have been consumed with Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) and his tyrannical reign on the happenings in DC.  This is smart backstabbing political drama at its best.  Even though I am three episodes away from completing the first season, I know that I will be rewatching every single one of them in preparation for the Season 2 premier on Feb. 14.  Don't worry, this new addiction will fit into beer.  Just wait and see.

Home Brewing
With the exception of putting some hard cider of mine in a bourbon barrel (yes, it is THAT good), I haven't stood over a brew kettle for nearly five months.  How is that so?  It is time for me to throw on those brew boots, measure out some hops, and get my tush back in there.  First up, a tasty milk stout that will entice even those friends of mine that claim that they still don't like beer.  Hopefully brewing is like riding a bicycle and I haven't forgotten how.

No comments:

Post a Comment