Sunday, July 19, 2015

Beer and Diapers: The Ultimate Baby Shower

With only five short weeks left until I meet my daughter, it was essential that one of my baby showers needed to include my beer loving friends.  My last few months of pregnancy have been filled with love from every gamut: girlfriends, family, coworkers, and students.  It was time to include the group of friends that I have missed imbibing with.  Here is my guide on how to plan and execute the perfect co-ed baby shower.


1. Invitations

Parties and job interviews have one thing in common: the first impression is the one that sticks.  Take the time to find the invitation that fits exactly what you want.  I had great success on Etsy.com with ModernBeautiful out of Boise, ID.  Not only were they able to revamp one of their samples, they even matched the printing ink to the colors of my nursery.  Don't be afraid to ask the artist to taylor their design for your needs.  It is YOUR party after all!




2.  Contributions

Nobody likes to show up to a party empty handed.  Instead of leaving it up to your host to figure out the logistics, be clear on your invite on how the guests can help.  With beer drinkers, I thought it to be best to have them bring some of their favorite sippers, along with some much needed diapers for Baby Girl.  That way, guests are happy with their drinks and can share with others.   This helps break the ice in conversation before the ABVs kick in!


3.  Location

Step one: scout out the backyards of your friends.  Step two; pick your favorite.  Step three: con them in to hosting your shower.


4.  Recommendations

As a first time mom to be, I am a little unsure of what to expect.  While everyone's take on parenthood is different, I thought it would fun to call upon my experienced mom, dad, aunt, and uncle friends for some tips.  I had these advice cards printed out by the same great artists over at ModernBeautiful.  Hand out a writing assignment after a few beers and watch your friends squirm!


5.   Confections

Don't let anybody tell you differently, every party needs a good cake.  Pair that with a hoppy IPA, a refreshing Blonde, or a crisp Pilsner and your beer loving guests are in heaven.  For some added fun, make sure the frosting is brightly colored and stains your guests' lips and tongues.  The photo opportunities are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment