Saturday, November 1, 2014

Boo Brew Bash

When NWBeerBabe invites you over....you go.  It doesn't matter what time or how long it will take you to get there...you go.  When she invites you over for her second annual Adult Halloween...you get there early. With strict instructions to bring a snack, bottles of beer, and to arrive before the first Elsa rang the door bell, we headed up north to her very own Naughty Gallagher's Pub, a self named residential beer paradise.

The next few hours flew by.  Bottles opened.  Steaks grilled.  Laughter heard.  Elsas spotted.  Trick or Treating parents hydrated.  Stories told.  Memories shared.  Too many home brewing beer lovers were present to not have an elite beer line up.  Now that my Untappd app has recovered from overuse, let's review my favorites from the night.

1.  Eclipse Elijah Craig 12 from FiftyFifty Brewing Company
This imperial stout aged in heavily sought after Elijah Craig Bourbon barrels from Heaven Hill Distilleries was a luscious treat.  After learning more about this brewery, I am more than tempted to find a way to get my hands on a ticket to their 2014 Eclipse party on December 4th.

2.  16 Barrels from 10 Barrel Brewing Company
One thing that I love about anything else is finding a unique bottle from a favorite brewery.  I thought I had enjoyed every 10 Barrel beer there was, so when 16 Barrels came out, my jaw dropped.  This smooth Golden Ale aged in Pinot Noir barrels was nothing short of delicious.

3.  Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop from Fremont Brewing
With the overload of barrel aged treats, this fresh hop from Fremont was a welcomed refresher.  Toting a nice bright hop aroma, its bitterness balanced perfectly with the malt.  Rumor has it that there were four cans at the table.  However, they mysteriously disappeared before I could get my hands on another taste.  If you see this treat around town, scoop it up.  Like Halloween candy, Fresh Hop Season won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment