Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beer Review: Red Riser IRA

Very seldom do I waiver from ordering an IPA.  Yesterday's visit to the Olympic Club in Centralia, WA, lunch with Mom at one of the few McMenamin's not in Oregon, was one of those times.
The overzealous bartender suggested trying the IRA (India Red Ale), which he described as a Red IPA.  While his excitement didn't carry over to my Mom's order of some Sangria-like concoction, he continued to explain that people have been flocking to this brew since its release just a week prior.  Beautiful red hue and a substantial hop aroma met me on my first sip.  With 98 IBUs, this IRA was definitely not lacking in the hop department.  Rich, malty, and perfectly bitter through and through, I couldn't stop thanking the beerman for the suggestion.  

www.mcmenamins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment