Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Beer: The Only Way to Survive Zombies

Tis the season for goblins, ghosts, and ZOMBIES!  While we all will be welcoming costumed youngins' on our porches tomorrow night, let's not forget about the always frightful and ever looming threat of zombies.  After surviving the Dawn of the Dead Dash last Friday, I realized that I couldn't have done it without beer.  Behold the top three reasons why beer will undoubtedly help you survive a zombie invasion.

1.  Beer will help you not care!
When my girls showed up for a zombie run with bags of dress up clothes, I shuttered.  Not being a dress up kind of gal, I poured a big glass of brew, took a deep breath, and embraced it.  In a real zombie invasion, the first step should be to drink a couple beers.  It does wonders for calming nerves and after a couple, you forget what you were even worried about to begin with.

2.  Beer will motivate you!
After being debriefed at the safe house prior to the zombies being released, I looked down at my race bib.  Was that a free beer waiting for me if I survived?  Instantly, I felt like I could fly.  Trying to convince the girls that they could also move fast might have been the more difficult task.  Knowing that motivation would have to occur prior to the finish line, the promise of a cold beverage at my favorite tavern immediately spurred their speed.  Soon, we were between checkpoints, safe at my neighborhood watering hole, oblivious to the obvious threat.    

3.  Beer will heal you!
The day after any zombie dash, I mean invasion, it is imperative that your "hair of the dog" consists of water, barley, hops, and yeast.  Nothing cures a pounding headache from zombies more than another brew.  With the end of the world right around the corner, best to start stocking up on your favorite beer in order to survive.  We are less than two months away!

While the idea of zombies might be comical to some, my experience was real.  Be sure to understand and respect the power of the brew.  Your post-Apocalyptic survival might just depend on it!


Dawn of the Dead Dash
www.dawnofthedeaddash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment