Monday, February 11, 2013

Coming Soon: Bale Breaker Brewing Company


Last September, I had the honor to go over to Yakima for Hop and Brew School through Hopunion.  Besides touring hop farms, talking to brewers, and breathing everything beer for two straight days, I also was able to catch wind of a new brewery that would be located in the middle of hop country.  Bale Breaker had just broken ground.  Over the past five months, the Smith family has carefully researched and constructed a state of the art brewery on the land that their ancestors once grew hops.  With hops running in my family as well, I knew that I needed to know more about this up and coming brewery.
Meghann (Smith) Quinn graciously opened the doors and took me on a private tour last Sunday.  Walking up to this beautiful new facility, it was difficult to not get excited.  While touring, I discovered a gorgeous taproom with flat screen televisions, exposed beams, along with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating.  On this sunny afternoon, I instantly pictured myself spending hours on their patio during the summer months, enjoying the aroma of hops growing nearby.  This 30 barrel brewhouse will be making two beers straight out of the gate:  Topcutter IPA and Field 41 Pale Ale.  With a canning line en route, Bale Breaker will, without a doubt, appeal to the masses.  If you can't make fantastic beer in hop country, where can you?  Look for their grand opening to be within the next few months.  Yes, of course, I will be there.

1 comment:

  1. The Yakima Valley now has a trail to lead visitors through the land of breweries, distilleries and cideries. Bale Breaker Brewing help us get it started! www.SpiritsandHopsTrail.com

    ReplyDelete