Thursday, May 23, 2013

App Review: Craft Beer Magazine

Rarely am I seen without my iPhone.  It's either in the pocket of my jeans or glued to my left hand.  More recently, I have been toting around my iPad everywhere from the beer bar to the coffee shop in order to stay connected.  With the plethora of apps available, I can research beer recipes, publish a blog post, and even read the latest magazines.  This is how I came across Craft Beer Magazine.
 
This 20 page bimonthly publication features articles across the board.  Recently launched in May, this info packed iPad only magazine contains just the right amount of pages for a tablet periodical.  With my hectic schedule, I like having something to read at my fingertips that isn't too lengthy.  The articles in their inaugural edition focused on the revolution of craft beer in America, a new Tweet-a-Beer service, and a delicious recipe for Beer Braised Beef Stew.  I keep going back to the article on the four health benefits of beer, as if I needed more reasons to imbibe.

As expected, the table of contents identified the articles within this edition. 
What I especially liked was the ability I had to skip ahead to an article by tapping the selection.  This tablet magazine also allowed for instant multimedia integration.  Whether it was a short video clip or a link within the article, more information about the topic was literally at my fingertips. 

Featuring a variety of beer writers, this app is the creation of Fredrik Aurdal.  While he doesn't consider himself too much of a beer geek, he, like most of us, appreciates a good quality beer brewed with passion.  Knowing that the craft beer community is filled with entrepreneurs and true beer lovers, Fredrik wanted to gather all that up and provide readers a place to go.  I look forward to seeing how this magazine continues to incorporate the vast craft beer culture by including regional features, veteran along with up and coming breweries, and reviews of seasonal brews. 


No comments:

Post a Comment