Sunday, March 10, 2013

Peterson Brothers: 1111

Rarely do I feel the need to brag about a great beer place the first time I go.  Usually, I visit the establishment several times, get to know the vibe, and make sure that this is THE place to visit.  That was not the case with 1111.  When I walked through their Tacoma Hilltop doors, I instantly knew that this bar was unique.  Packed seating on any day of the week, even when the sun was out, was enough of a testament that the Peterson Brothers were doing something right.
Plenty of great beer on tap (always a couple IPAs) along with an extensive sandwich menu (rumor has it their Reuben is to die for) has made this my recommendation to friends seeking new places to go.  My favorite?  The grilled cheese with homemade tomato soup.  Seriously, the best grilled cheese around.  Garlic buttered toast with plenty of ooey gooey goodness in between makes this sammie over the top.  Must have?  Be sure to get their freshly made Bacon Clam Chowder available only on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment